Sunday, September 7, 2008

BREAKING FAST

Yes, Ramadhan is here again. The glorious fasting month, the glorious food festival. Oh, don't sue me...I know it's about fasting..refraining one self from things like food, drinks, bad stuffs and sex..Good for your 'soul' and let your tummy rest for a month from working too much like my tummy ;-)
One fine Sunday late morning..a phone call from my dear Boss:

Boss: "Heloooooo FD!"
FD: "Helooooo! FD's Boss! Dah makan? Have you had lunch?" *giggling*
Boss:"Baru lepas I just had" *giggling* "Well, I still haven't received your email on that last meeting..."
FD: "I will re-email to you shortly"
Boss: "Oh..what are your plans for berbuka puasa breaking fast?"
FD: "No plan..probably out some where..."
Boss: "Come lah..ajak (invite) the gang that been working so hard on that last tender submission..the place..your choice"

Immediately, I made a few calls to the work 'clan' inviting them for 'break fast'.

I googled a few restaurants and one of them was "Tupai-Tupai" which I had one of the 'break-fast' sessions last year.

TUPAI-TUPAI

At 7:00pm we made our way to Tupai-tupai and there were heaps of people. They had to add parking facility nearby the building to accommodate us. Yes, lucky..I made reservation for us.

The food was tasty. I need not elaborate. The buffet spread was 'long'! I had many plates like this one (emphasized on 'many'):

VARIETY
LAKSA JOHOR

The ambiance was nice on a not so hectic night.
TUPAI-TUPAI
TUPAI-TUPAI
TUPAI-TUPAI
Still, I think for those who like malay type food, this place is a bargain and satisfy your palate.

After those hearty meal, one of my colleagues was craving for ice-cream. So I asked one of the waiters;

"Adik (bro)! Ada ice-cream tak (do you serve ice cream here)?"

He just shook his head;

"Kak (sis), kita tak de ice-cream kat sini..ice kacang pun tak da...bubur kacang ada la..."

Hmmmm...I thought to myself that this is not happening...NO ICE-CREAM?

So the Boss looked and me and uttered, "Come on! Let's go to Haagen Dazs!"

UP! UP! AND AWAY!!!!!!

Yes..we were children again :-)
HAAGEN DAZS
3 scoops : Strawberry, Belgian Chocolate and Green Tea
HAAGEN DAZS
Our dear Boss had this one..
HAAGEN DAZS
Jai had this one
HAAGEN DAZS
Wada had this
HAAGEN DAZS
I think you can guess what happened next; we all couldn't walk properly......

To all the Muslims..caution...do not over indulge *wink*
Again...HAPPY RAMADHAN..think of the unfortunate ones.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

apa la kau ni jimot..bulan posa ko post memender ni...

-sains muar-

yusrihashim said...

the laksa looks tempting...baru beli camera ke?

FunkeeDeeva said...

sapa ni sains muar...jgnla war-warkan nama manja i tu....

en ti koos
baru nak cuba try test...baru beli kamera budak sekolah...dah tua ni baru nak cuba...
on a diff note; yeahhhh the laksa was AWESOME! org johor la katakan :-)

Anonymous said...

baru pergi aritu kat tupa-tupai, masakan dia sedap...cuma terlalu ramai orang...

Anonymous said...

i hate all the pics
make me FAT!

Gloria said...

i am going to haagen dazs NOW

Anonymous said...

thanks i have 1 additional idea where to buka puasa

Shazo said...

GAH
food
yums
get a cboc la

imma add you in my list
at least i got a confirm halal food reviewer :D jaja

FunkeeDeeva said...

Kak Chik, sedap tak ? :-)

June : Sowwy

Glo: Buy 4me sum ;-)

fifi: glad i cud help

shazo: thanks :-)

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...