Friday, August 8, 2008

VR1-CAFE, DAMANSARA INTAN

One friday night, I was surely in my jammies, didn't want to go out, cold mask all over the face, then there's this one phonecall;

Ring! Ring!

FD: Hello?
FDGF: Hellooooo! What are you doing girl???
FD: Helloooo Makwe! Nothing really, just effing around... What's up?
FDGF: Yaaaa..I was wondering what you were doing..hey a GF of mine has this place in Damansara Intan, a pub/bar kind of place, wanna join us? I am going there for the first time as well, so, comelah! It's near that San Francisco Steak House..you know the area right?
FD: I am in my jammies...but..heck...I'll jump in the shower...
FDGF: Go shower, when I found the place I will text you the exact location.
FD: Ok! See ya later

Soooo...I did that stunt again, 10mins shower, 5mins makeup, 2 mins picked whateva to wear, 5mins blowdry hair..phooh 22 mins!!!!! I was on the road to this place called VR-1 Cafe.

As I reached the area, I kind of missed it the first time, then I saw some people at a Karaoke joint nearby and asked,
"Abang!(brother), Kat mana VR-1(where's VR-1)?"
Bro: "Itu..yg pintu merah tu...tapi adik kena pusing lalu ikut depan" (ok..I can't be bothered to translate this he he)
FD: "Thank you Bang!"
Bro:"Sama-sama dik..alhamdulillah..cantik dan berbudi bahasa adik ni" (ya...he said I was courteous alrite *winks*)

I drove to the right place and parked smack down at the front of the joint. I could hear the blazing sound of a live band....sounded very good though. So, I walked in...Most of the people were already getting 'pissed'...Oh...I forgot...they were also watching Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremony live on the big screen a few hours before...so the place was pretty packed up.

I walked over to my GFs and...Suffice to say we were almost louder than the band he he.

A local singer-friend walked in and said hello and said to me,"Lama tak nampak? Mana sembunyi (long time no see, where have you been hiding)?"

He then sang a song for the crowd and he was still good.

The band was great. Apparently, one of the partners at VR-1 was in music industry and he knows a lot of great local bands and singers.

I had a great time.

You guys should check this place out ;-)

VR-1, Damansara Intan- Just a couple of doors away from San Francisco Steakhouse or visit: www.vr1world.org

Oh ya, some pics on flickr might tempt ya ;-)

1. The Band
5. Karaoke Session later...late...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi! Tak ajak pun!
-Kak Chik-

Gloria said...

looks like you guys were having so much fun!

Anonymous said...

been there once. very good

Joey D. said...

It is good to get out and have a little fun on a Friday night. What is this LETHAL WEAPON thingy?

=p

FunkeeDeeva said...

Thanks Joe.
Lethal weapon that made me horizontal the whole saturday lol

FunkeeDeeva said...

kak chik,
Ofis kak chik jauh la....

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun place to be at

yusrihashim said...

nak ikut..:)

FunkeeDeeva said...

@fat j = yes a very fun place to be at esp when u go there with bunch a crazy friends lol

@si tikus kampung: Jom Jom! u msg i kat flickr la....nnt kita gi ;-)

Anonymous said...

bagus la you ni promot tempat2 mcm ni

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...