Tuesday, April 1, 2008

THANK YOU MY FRIEND :-)

I went to work feeling a little shaky after the mugging incident. I kept on having flashbacks on how it happened. Yup, I don't feel 'safe' anymore. Life must go on though..so I braved myself even how demotivated I was to go to work today. I was very quiet as I was preparing my portion of the presentation for this month's management meeting. The bosses were concerned about what happened to me. I didn't go through the story sufficed with the 'brief' of what happened and no one dared to ask me anything. The girl who sat next to me in the office were complaining how 'quiet' I was. I didn't want to say anything to that. A text message from a friend cheered me up for he asked me for a grub later on. To be honest I was more looking forward to that than the management meeting. I made plan since the meeting started at 4pm, I thought there was no way it was going to drag for too long. So, 6:30pm was surely enough time to walk across the street after the meeting. NOT! 7:00pm....my slot was not even started...I messaged my friend that it will be a little while...he was very nice to wait for me...I felt bad and asked him to go ahead and eat without me and I would join him for a drink or two...Somehow, I managed to squeeze my presentation and by that time most people had lost interest in listening or paying attention on what I had to say. I was the speedy gonzales and packed my things up and left. My dear friend was still there waiting and for the life of me I never appreciated anything more than the look of a person who genuinely care about me. We hugged and that was the time I realised how much I needed the hug. I profusely apologized for making him wait. It didn't occur to me that we all in the office had too much to say even we see each other almost every day...The night went on and I had the most wonderful time. I was cheered up and my friend, I will never forget that kindness you showed me. I went to sleep with a smile...There are still kindness and care in this world....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats sweet. i am sure there are still kindness..

-glo, flickr-

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...