Wednesday, April 2, 2008

APRIL FOO(D)

I was a fool, thinking that today of all days will be the day that people pull pranks on each other. I was surprised that the rest of the world which was my office was pretty quiet. The thought came to me to pull a fast one on one of my colleagues...but it stopped right there. I wasn't in the mood to do anything. I was busy getting my project costing done so that I won't leave it to the last minute. Some of the potential clients that I met before were visiting the office but I wasn't too 'sociable'. An old friend also visited the office and that was the highlight of my day. I quickly packed my bag and left the office earlier than usual. I went home and on the way home I grabbed a few 'supplies' of my daily sustenance. My sister messaged me whether I was interested in any take outs. I replied, "Ok". She came home with 3 burgers. She ate 2 of them. Wow, she must be very hungry. We chatted a while and she decided to call mum and dad. The conversation was 'normal' and as I hung up the phone she made a remark why I didn't tell my parents of the recent incident. I told her there was no need to be alarmed and sh** happened. I told her eventually I know that she will tell them. She was quiet. We watched DVD for a little while and forgot that this was an April fool's day. No, we no longer believe in that. Difficult moments like these we better stay calm and do whatever necessary to go through life without being too dramatic about it.

No comments:

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...