Monday, June 2, 2008

HYATT JB-Revisited

Recently I went back to my hometown for work. I didn't want to stay at home coz I was with my colleague. I decided to stay at this hotel, Hyatt Regency Johor Bahru. I used to work there.
---
When I arrived, the bellman Mr. Syed Jamil shook and kissed my hand..excited to see me after 12 years. He told me that the moment he saw the guests list, he wanted to be on the afternoon shift. He wanted to chat some more but they were busy. As the expert in the Hyatt Hotel, he was detailing all the things I should do to make my stay more enjoyable there. That's the Hyatt Touch I know. I saw "John Din" and Jasni still doing the same thing as they wee 15 years ago..I guess they really love what they were doing.
---
I was having gum problem, so I couldn't enjoy my food much. My only solution was eating porridge and watch everything else... bummer...



A cup of coffee set me for the day.


The view from our room was quite breathtaking ;-)

The route to Piccolo ;-) and lift to the guest rooms


Views of the poolside. A glass of wine before going to sleep @ Piccolo?

Fitness Centre (closed after 11pm) and the poolside area.

The pool side and lights. Reminiscing: damn, I used to clean this pool!

The trees planted on the way to the fitness centre and The pic near the lift lobby.


The room we stayed in and the lobby area.

Some of the facilities/amenities/decorations are deteriorating pretty fast and I hope the management will consider some face lifts of this hotel. I heard some grumblings about this place amongst the staffs.
I am nostalgic about this place. I have fond memories here, the staffs, the trainings, the perks, ahhh a lot more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like a nice hotel

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...