Tuesday, June 3, 2008

OUR RIVERS - PRETTY HUH?

I am not an "environmentalist". However, I am kind of sad to see how we disregard our surroundings. We learned that there were some illegal dumpings along the river sides. We also learned that there are some illegal contractors who stole the sands for constructions and developments. Small streams were blocked as a result from these 'illegal' activities. No freaking wonder our land was flooded and killed lives. No wonder we have polluted water to drink and killed lives. I remember once upon a time in my 'village', the water in the river was crystal clear and we all could drink from it (we are still alive now..). There were no plastic wrappers dumped in there. There were no tin cans lying everywhere. Now...I stepped onto polystyrene containers lying everywhere...sad but true and some ignorant souls simply do not think...


Checkout the color of the water. I think if I was thrown into this river..I would have died..instantly..yukh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

from the photographs, i think the rivers are not that bad..but I agree the fact that we polute our own environment.

Anonymous said...

We polute our own environment and yet we complaint about it. How ironic.

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...