Thursday, February 28, 2008

CRAVING FOR MEATBALLS

Today, I saw IKEA advertisement on the paper. I was not intrigued with the 'Sales' but rather diverted the imagination to the Swedish Meatballs that kept on appearing in my brain these past few days. Yes, I am a sucker for food. The whole afternoon I was thinking about this dish. So, I texted my sister whether she could get away a little earlier than usual from work. She immediately called me up and said 'yes'. I was counting time..
At around 5:30pm I became restless and all I could think about IKEA, IKEA, IKEA...I quickly packed my things up and made the attempt to shoot off. Some of my colleagues insinuated that I stayed a little longer in the office. I quickly made the slugging remarks saying that I too want to have a life. If that was ever true....
Then I drove off home so that I could pick my sister up only to be caught in a traffic Jam. I became restless and of course I was hungry as hell. My sister called me, she was home earlier. Her office was in the heart of the City, but she made it home before me! Life is not fair at all. I was impatiently waited in the car that I almost hit a car in front of me while in the crawl. Suffice to say that I was dead close...God must love me. I reached home safely and I saw my sister was waiting as well and she complained that I was slow. We took off at around 7:30pm. We were then caught in another crawl near Taman Tun Dr Ismail. O Dear, there were way too many cars in this city.
As I made that turn to IKEA, while my sister was busy on the phone with mom, I asked her briefly, "Which way?", She indicated ,"Left! left!" and I immediately (felt that I took a wrong turn) turned into a junction and ended up it was the wrong way. My sister, immediately hung the phone and said, "This is wrong!". I brushed her off,"Well young lady, it was your freaking idea to turn left, genius!". We were in a circle for a little while and I must say it was pretty frustrating considering how hungry and tired I was.

We finally made it to IKEA, heck I don't know what time it was but I guess we barely made it for a little shopping and voila! ..to the IKEA restaurant! Woo hoo! My sister said she wanted the chicken and when we reached the counter and thank Almighty God, even though the food was almost gone, we were left with 2 servings of 10s Swedish Meatballs! Yipee!

We also got ourselves some Swedish Cake for dessert. The meatballs were probably not as great as they should be early during the day. The plus part was we got extra 2 meatballs on my sister plates. The cashier was making a snotty remark but we couldn't be bothered about that. I told her we did not 'take' the 2 extras on our own. They did. So, do not ever freaking charge us for the 2 miserable meatballs. They didn't charge us. Phew, that saved us from unnecessary commotion...considering how irritable I was..the situation was under control.

We ate and ate and it was great to see my sister ate as much. She must enjoyed the meatballs. I enjoyed the meatballs as well. We both got soft drinks and coffee. As many people know the drinks and coffee were refillable at no charge. We were planning on being bloated but fortunately there was simply not enough time.

A few hours went by just like that. IKEA was preparing to call it a night. We were nicely 'kicked out' by the announcement. I paid the bills of the things that I bought and headed to the car-park. We reached home and went straight to bed. It was worth it....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments:

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...