Monday, April 28, 2008

LA LA LA LAP DANCE????

This evening while enjoying some "my" time on a Sunday, the melancholy mood was brought to a halt for a moment after reading this article from "Argus Lite" while searching for places to go on the web;
"A campaign to bring in tougher regulations for lapdancing clubs has been launched.
Hove MP Celia Barlow and Brighton and Hove city councillor Gill Mitchell went to Parliament to call for a change to the Licensing Act 2003 which has left councils powerless to stop strip clubs opening.
Since the new law came into effect in November 2005, six venues in Brighton and Hove have been granted the right to hold fully-nude dancing.
advertisement

Before the change, two venues - Top Totty, Grand Parade, Brighton, and The Pussycat Club, Church Road ,Hove - had licences for semi-naked entertainment.
Following the closure of Pussycat Club in Hove, three venues regular hold lapdancing.
Ms Barlow has been at the forefront of the campaign to change the legislation which puts lapdancing on a par with karaoke bars or ballet clubs.
The campaign by the organisation OBJECT seeks to classify lap dancing clubs as 'Sex Encounter Establishments', which will allow local councils the power to decide where these clubs can open.
Are strip clubs good for Brighton and Hove? Join the debate below."



Well, I am not going to join the debate. I am neither from Brighton nor Hove so, it is not my place to give ANY remark regarding to this topic but I can't help it but wonder...what KIND of regulations? "DO NOT TOUCH!" ahak! It's hard not to huh while watchin those booties wiggling right at ya! "DO NOT GET EXCITED AND GET CARRIED AWAY!"
Oh, and the debate; are strip clubs good Brighton and Hove? I must say it's a very very tough debate we have here. I hate to be the mayor(s) of these places ;-)

Brighton and Hove should decide carefully what type of regulations they should have when it comes to "Lap Dance", better still...go to Thailand to get a few insights ;-)

Ahhh I better get some sleepies and think of some places to go to if I ever get a holiday..I am certain I will not go to Brighton or Hove anytime soon. I am pretty scared of these 'tougher regulations' business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No sweetie, you do not want to go to Brighton/Hover. They are not ready for you yet!

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...