Thursday, July 31, 2008

TO CAMERON HIGHLANDS

I picked my colleague up from the office at 7:30am. Yes, I was pretty determined to go to this place called Cameron Highlands. It's work related trip....I had to visit... the hospital to be exact..don't ask me why suffice to say that I wasn't ill....and so happened there was an official opening of the hospital which was graced by HRH Sultan of Pahang. The hospital was named after his wife.
The trip took us around 2 hrs and 30minutes. It seemed short coz we were yapping away in the car and I didn't really notice that the gas tank was running empty...yaiks! But we were lucky enough to barely made it to the little town to fill up.
Our other colleagues who work there greeted us and brought us to our site office. We did our bit and then off to the hospital....

The Sultan of Pahang shook hands with guests:

HRH Sultan of Pahang officiated the opening:
The Cameron Highlands Hospital: Hospital Hajjah Kalsom:
The hospital miniature:

The Town - Tanah rata
After all that 'hardwork' we did, we deserved a good meal. So, we stopped by a local favorite called "Roseland". The look was a bit dodgy but we gave it a go since it came highly recommended. Well, we didn't go for 'local' but had some deeelicious lamb chop and chicken chop instead:
I had this delicious strawberry pancake with cream for dessert. My colleague had strawberry ice-cream..whoaaa...we really went for the 'strawberries' this time!
Strawberry Pancake with cream


Strawberry Ice Cream
We then stopped over at the roadside to check out what's happening. As we walked in, there were flowers, plants, cactus or rather 'cacti', plants, trees..nature goodies in the array of shops..ohhh beautiful things...I felt like I was in paradise of healthiness he he...Then we adjourned to kea area to check out more strawberries and good stuffs. There were rose garden as well but I was planning on going there another time. Perhaps with family or with love ones..My colleague got a little carried away with the shopping...all the fresh vegies...yummy...





After that shopping we quickly stuffed our 'treats' in the trunk and shot off back to Kuala Lumpur. On the way, we were yapping away and on the highway we were stopped by the traffic police. My colleague asked,"Bang! Berapa laju Bang?" (Bro, how fast were we doing?). He answered, "121". I was doing ONLY 121km/hr????. 121!!!! I wish I was doing 180! That would be worth the ticket! Well, I was laughing away and the police looked at us funny. He told us that we were 'caught' speeding in "Tapah" and told me that he will write me a ticket. I smiled and nodded,"Ok, faham, faham" (understood). He was probably waiting for me to say something else but I continued yapping with my colleague. After writing the summon he gave the summon to me and said, "Here you go maam, you can pay the fine at any traffic police station". I thanked the policeman and drove off. We were just laughing away again in the car...

I came home feeling a little tired but the day was all worth it. The trip was definitely needed for me..for work and for a lil of de-stressing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

best nye!Kak chik pun nak gi la cameron...dah lama...sejak jalan baru siap..tak pernah jejak..

kak chik

yusrihashim said...

gua nak lamb chop tu la..

FunkeeDeeva said...

Ye Kak Chik,
Kena pergi
Rugi kalau tak gi
Tenang dan aman dalam masa 2jam steng dari KL nih...worth the trip...

@si tikus kampung : lu bole pegi cameron...he he...tapi memang sedap gilerrrr

Unknown said...

wow! gorgeous!

FunkeeDeeva said...

Thank you Rita!
I still like your pics and blogs :-)

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...