Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SRI AYUTTHAYA

Thursday, 25.09.2008
As I was struggling organizing meetings with clients who were more enthusiastic about 'Hari Raya' celebration and the upcoming holidays, I was reminded to go to an event later on by my boss's partner at Sri Ayutthaya. I had been to this place numerous time over the years. I was not a fan. However, I always keep an open mind when it comes to food (err...nothing new about that..). It was a sit down dinner. When Ayutthaya first started, they were THE Thai restaurant. I guess over the years they started to deteriorate when it comes to service. I had some of my clients turned up for this event. I was worried. True enough, they screwed up the orders and my clients had to wait a long time for their meals.
Having said that, I guess we were a bunch of happy campers...cigarettes after another..the orders came in and the food wasn't so bad.
I am a big fan of seafood but this one was pretty average. I realized..if I ever make my way down here, I should settle for steamed fish instead of the deep fried one. Too bad we didn't organize this event.
Nevertheless, we gotta eat...the final days of the fasting month, some were alredy heading to their hometowns, we were stuck with pretty average food down in Kuala Lumpur..sad....
DEEP FRIED FISH

The TomYam was not that impressive..looked good but certainly not impressive:
TOM YUM KUNG

ughh...but then...there were some above average food. The sweet and sour chicken was not a disappointment.
SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN
As a big fan of scallop..they didn't do justice to this one. The mayonnaise were too sweet and it killed the great taste of scallop.
SCALLOP AND MAYO SAUCE
I was eager to go back home after a tiring day. The host asked me to stay and said that the dessert was on its way soon. I thought, what the heck...just wait a little bit longer...
To be honest...only the plain rice was 'aromatic' enough to make up for the 'average' dishes..
NASI PUTIH
Then came the dessert; water chestnut in sweet coconut syrup...well...look can be deceiving and here's the proof;
WATER CHESTNUT DESSERT
Not much to look at but sure it was worth my wait. I never thought I would say this...but if Ayutthaya don't do something about their service and quality of food..I doubt to return..probably for the water chestnut dessert.....

No comments:

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...