Sunday, November 23, 2008

LET'S GO TO LONDON!!!!! CHAPTER 1

I had never been to this country before. Well, almost, I stopped by Heathrow once upon time before...transit didn't count ha ha. I was given the task to organise the trip for some of my clients and my colleagues. It was pretty challenging when you were given insufficient time and when some restrictions apply....to cut the effing story short, my flight was at night, so on that same day, i went out shopping for warm clothes (i hadn't been to a cold country in a while so all my winter stuffs vanished he he). I had very little time to pack. I managed to'zip' my bag up 20 minutes before the taxi arrive for the airport...

I was the last one to fly. The rest left a day before me. So, practically I was traveling by myself. 13 hours! Bloody bloody! I got tired just thinking about it.

STARBUCKS K.L.I.A

At the airport while waiting, I got a bite to eat...at 11pm I felt really alone....
The flight was full. I was already exhausted...so I passed out....

When I woke up...I heard..."Tuan-tuan dan puan-puan, kita akan mendarat sebentar lagi" (ladies and gentlemen, we will be landing shortly...). Wow, I slept through!!!!

I looked over.....it was around 5:15am. Wow! look at the city of London! all lit up! (Like jakun only...)

LIGHTS IN LONDON
I was still groggy but I hoped the trip would be OK. Oh, I hope I wasn't stopped at the immigration and asked like 10 million questions ;-) why I went to London. Nah I was afraid that I might answer,"It's none of your f***ing business!" or something like that considering how stressful I was organizing this short and short noticed trip...

I reached the immigration, they asked,"What's the purpose of your visit?" I answered politely,"For a seminar in central london. I will be staying in Sheraton". She looked at me and stamped my passport. Well, that was quick.

After retrieving my luggage, I walked out looking for my ride. There was this little miserable sign saying my company name, I missed that the first time.

I had a little chat with the driver...he was pleasant and he said he would visit Malaysia in a very near future.

I reached the hotel. Oh yes, it was effing cold! -2 degree Celsius! Yah my a** froze LOL.

I saw my colleague Iza waiting for me at the lobby. It was probably around 6-ish early in the morning and she said I could go straight for breakfast.

(to be continued...)

No comments:

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...