Thursday, January 14, 2010

MOVIE : AVATAR

Show: Wednesday: 13 Jan 2010, MidValley GSC, 8:45pm

A colleague of mine walked into my office and asked whether I would be interested in watching this movie. As a sci-fi fan, I wouldn't want to miss this movie while its still playing in the theater (perhaps I will get the DVD later). So I quickly said,"Yes! Yes!" We started to ask around who wanted to join us. The number of people came up to 6. My colleague pre-booked Gold Class @MidValley where it is closer to our office. One of my colleagues bailed at the very last minute so we 'kidnapped' our office care-taker: Ahmad T to come with us instead (ESD: Booo hoooo you missed out on a great fun).

As a sci-fi fan (again I must insist you have to be a sci-fi fan to truly appreciate this movie coz one of my colleagues could not appreciate the movie), I was impressed. The visual effect quality was superb and out of this world. This James Cameron man is a total genius. To even think about his capacity/ability to translate his imagination into the big screen and look real as hell ,was so surreal.

Some movie critiques said that this movie has some racial slurs in it. I say fark it. Just because of that "How does it feel to betray your own race?" remark does not make the movie 'racist' . Human being betray each other every day let alone betray its own race. Fark it, my man James Cameron made his billion, so unappreciative movie critiques can shut the fark up. And yes, another key thing for those who watched this movie: we simply can NOT take whatever we want. Those who havent seen this movie, of course, watch it, don't think too much about the 'social' issue in this movie its a fantasy for f*** sake!

To my colleagues, thank you for the movies and great company. Funny that Ahmad T did not anticipate how cold AC in the theatre was but too polite not to say anything and sat through the entire movie freezing to death ha ha (well, i was cold too but the movie was so enticing to me that I forgot to ask for some blanky). To my sister, too bad you couldn't join us. To my colleague who bailed, I will send you the Gold Class bill ha ha kidding...next time lah girl!

No comments:

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...