Wednesday, August 11, 2021

BENJAMIN SISKO THE CAT WITH DIABETES

 

It's been a struggle for me to live with diabetic cat. Yes, some of you may find it hard to believe. I found it hard to believe until today and there were days that I wanted to simply...give up. Every day, for the past 360++ days, I had to give insulin to Ben twice a day; morning and evening. Some people criticised me how I had failed as a cat owner to make sure the health of my cats are well taken care of. That hurts. Some vets that I went to had very little advice for cats with diabetes. Some said they just don't provide the treatment. You just have to regulate their insulin forever and ever. It breaks my heart every time I had to poke the needles on Ben. He used to be anxious when I poked his ears. Nowadays, he just let it be. His hind legs become "weak", he can no longer jump higher that the coffee table.
I hope I am doing the right thing. I hope Ben gets better soon. Another vet trip is due soon but I have to wait until this Covid19 thingy cases go down a bit. I am just a scared individual.....



No comments:

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...