Wednesday, February 6, 2008

RICK'S CAFE - CASABLANCA

ENTER!!!!!
We had a meeting in the office and my boss decided to adjourn the meeting into a nice dinner gathering with some of the staffs. He decided to take us to Rick's Cafe in Bangsar. We did not make any reservation but apparently one of the Share holders of this place is his friend. So, our arrival was anticipated with a great welcome. I took 3 of my colleagues in my car and all in there were 16 of us. Big group huh and apparently we have great appetite as well.
AMBIANCE:
The decor was very nice. Well, I watched this "Casablanca" movie anyway and of course it was no where near the real thing. I was expecting the black singer playing piano in the middle of the crowd and that was not the case in Rick's Cafe the Malaysian version but suffice the experience was not disappointing to us.
This table tea light candle lamp was one of the decors that I find really interesting in here. I saw this type of lamp in many other restaurants but they did not sit well with the rest of the decor. Anyway, this did the trick somehow..

CHICKEN LIVER PATE:



This was my appetizer. The chicken liver pate with port orange. The texture was really smooth and went down really smoothly especially when paired with the port orange.


Chicken and Moroccan Rice. I didn't get to taste the chicken so no comment. It looked good though. My colleague made a good remark, so I guess it must be alright.

GRILLED SALMON WITH UDON:



I ordered the Salmon with Udon. Simply delish! Only one comment, on the menu it said Trout. This is by far a Salmon. The guy made a mistake. Just admit your mistakes. Some customers do know about food my friends..do not simply BS your customers....
The Lamb Chops. Underneath the succulent Meat, there was this amazing mashed potatoes. The gravy was a little bitter but this suits most 'Malaysian' palate.

MANGO SORBET:

One of my colleagues ordered this Mango Sorbet. It's delicious and refreshing. Yes, as kepo as I am, I tasted some of it. I then ordered this dessert.

COFFEE CREME BRULEE:
The Coffee Creme Brulee. The caramelized sugar was done nicely and it did sit nicely with the bitterness of the Coffee.

This dessert is really out of this world. The Banana Souffle and Chocolate Ice Cream did go well together. My friend had this and I had a little tasting. Too bad I had mine. They say if you want to test a real Chef, you should ask him/her to make Souffle. If it's perfect, he/she is a great chef. I do not know how far this is true for I am not a Chef connoisseur. We went home with stomach filled with joy. It's pretty pricy for average Malaysian but I must say it was worth it especially when someone else foot the bills ha ha!

*******
As of 2009, Rick's Cafe has closed down.


No comments:

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...