Friday, March 21, 2008

THE BEACH CLUB - REVISITED

19.03.2008-The Beach Club, Kuala LumpurI hadn't been to this place in a loooong time. This place used to be where all the dramas began in my life and my friends' lives. The cat-fight over losers, the bitching over which girls stole whose man, which girls slept with whose husbands, which he-shes fooled which foreignors, which celebrities screwed with whom, who were the alcoholics, who were always spin off drinks, who were there for freebees, which trade diplomats dealt with which girls, oh..dear...drama, drama, drama...But this place is one of the busiest joint in town- rain or shine. Regardless of how dodgy some people might think of this place, I still think it is one of the most fun place to be in and to watch great things happened. Just becareful with some people who tried to take advantage of you, but then again, ANY where there will be good and bad people. It all depends on why you are out there anyway. I don't have to put on a word of caution here.
So, after work today, with my office attire, I rushed to town with my little car and under the pouring rain to reach the bitch oops beach club around 7:30pm. When I arrived the not so newly wed couple were not there. I saw some other familiar faces who were already there like they were there years ago. I smiled thinking it looked like they had never left that seat since 4-5 years back! Ooops it's that 'gossipy' thing again...*slap on the wrist*..snap out of it and focus on what was happening....
Ok, finally the celebrated parties arrived and we all started to order drinks and they were like beers and chivas every where....The celebrations? A couple who met in this very place and happily married now was in town. In addition, it's the prophet's birthday the day after so what better way to celebrate a holiday...
They were some girls who were trying to solicit...with fake boobs and fake genders...oh only a few of us could tell what they were. All of a sudden I felt a liiitle out of place. Well, my main objective was to have a good time there. F the solicitors ha ha.
We ordered some pizzas for I was complaining I hadn't have anything to eat and shighhh I ended up finishing the whole freaking thing. The pizza was awesome though. The cheese was to die for.
Since we know a few staffs there, we were well 'protected'. Our corner were so called out of reach for those foreign solicitors. We were well looked after. Still, there were a few foreign solicitors were trying...At one stage, I felt a little sorry for a foreign solicitor who shamelessly took the ice-cubes from our buckets, put them into her glass and helped herself to our drinks, she looked at our faces (of course our faces at that moment were like..jaws all dropped) and just walked away...just like that..I turned to my friend and said, "Can ah like that?" Another friend smirked and said, "lucky she didn't take the whole bottle of Chivas!". Yes we just let her get away since she looked so helpless and thirsty and she had this 'poor me' face..
Well the theme was "Pirates of the Carribean" I supposed coz they were playing the movie on the big screen. Plus, the staffs were wearing pirate costumes..so when the DJ came over to greet us, I took his hat and sword. I was having fun with them and so did my friends. We were trying to kill each other.
The band was not so bad. I could hear some chics singing or miming to the songs they sang. The band did some new numbers but they were not too bad singing the 70's and the 80's tune. All I could remember they were doing the Earth, wind and fire,Gwen Stefani new stuffs, Avril Lavigne, Green day and many more.
The whole night we were plain silly and we enjoyed the company that we sort of not have the luxury nowadays to have due to commitment and old age ha ha. Well, plus some of us are no longer the dwellers of this city. Till then friends..BFF (Best friends forever) as Paris Hilton calls it..A few bottles of Chivas later, the celebrated couldn't celebrate any longer. I had interesting conversations over loud music and surprisingly you could learn a lot of things he he.. I saw some air heads disappeared with some other air heads. The fake boobs became scarce and I knew it was time to go home.

Good night and sweet dreams (well I didn't think I had any dreams..I was..like almost passed out)! I know very well..life is too short..just enjoy the moment...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who's the guy holding the Tuborg beer?

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...