Thursday, April 17, 2008

(SHUKRAN'S TAPAU) DINNER

Today was a little hectic. I was co-ordinating a huge presentation for this coming monday. There were managers from all my sites gathered in the Headquarters to give input for this 'major' presentation to pitch for bigger jobs . There were food (in between the meeting) but I didn't have much appetite during the mind challenging meeting. After the meeting which was quite late by the time we finished, I felt really hungry. The rest of the team had gone home. I quickly drove home.

I dropped by a restaurant where I ordered a Chicken Tandoori and Cheese Naan. They were absolutely delicious. I had these naan before from different Indian Restaurants but so far, the naan from Shukran's were still the best I had ever had.

This was the sauce to dip in. Spicy but tasty.




I had a great time eating this meal. The tandoori was just right. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The Naan was smooth and the cheese was just the right amount
Right after the meal I felt whole again. I didn't realise I was that hungry. I was glad that the restaurant was just around the corner. Now, if I ever want a great naan and tandoori, it will be just a walking distance and I don't have to worry about who to go eat with. I just 'tapau' !
Right after that, I had more clarity to do more work..oh no no...I am NOT a workaholic. I just had a loong loong day and there were still a lot to be done.
Shukran = Thank you (arabic) = Indian Restaurant chain, Malaysia
Tapau = Take out (Chinese)

2 comments:

Joey D. said...

I had Chicken Tandoori kabobs a few weeks ago. I found them on a carry out menu at my sister's place. I looked up Tandoori and it sounded like I would enjoy it. It was awesome. I did learn that next time I have this remember not to touch it. It stained my hands.

=p

FunkeeDeeva said...

Joe: Tandoori...a healthy way to eat. We all eat our tandoori with our hands here...stain is 'nothing' compared to the joy of eating em ;-)

Glad you liked tandoori :-)

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...