Wednesday, May 21, 2008

LOOOOOOOONG WEEKEND AND NIGHTS....

While people were having a long weekend because of Wesak Day which fell on a Monday, I was struggling at work doing tender proposal. I know, I know, it sucks but somebody gotta do it. Since last weekend I was away, so I guess I kind of 'made up' for it. I was procrastinating thus I was paying the price. I spent hours and hours in the office...Saturday, afternoon after a KFC lunch, I went to the office until midnight and still nothing was done. Sunday after Subway lunch I went to the office until midnight and yes nothing still done...Monday...still nothing much done... I was getting hungry so I made myself some instant noodles...so that kinda helped a little. Around my office hardly anythig to eat over the holidays. Restaurants were closed except for a couple of places which I had no desire to go to alone.

A few of my colleagues came into the office as well during the long weekend but they were doing their own things and they were there for a couple of hours and poof they were gone. I wish they were there to help me out.
I stepped out from the office to go to 7eleven to get some munchies and I bought this drink which I thought some sort of an energy drink but I was 'conned' by the Germans LOL. It was just water...pure and plain simple water...an expensive one I guess....
Cool Rhino eh!
I continued working...a colleague called and asked for favors since the person who supposed to do some slide presentation bailed on us..Normally, I wouldn't have a problem to do that..but I had another deadline..huge deadline...but this colleaague promised me I would get some helps for my tender proposal. So, I concur not that I had much choice...
So, yes I dropped everything and did the presentation. This presentation may determine my career guarantee...duh....
Then tuesday came and we did the presentation and it went well. except for..my tender proposal...I told my colleague where was my help and he made a few phonecalls and a couple of people from project site came over to the office to offer their assistance. 2 people...not enough...but I guess that would do as I was desperate..One guy had experience in tender proposal so I was thankful for him and another one was this lady who was pregnant and I felt like I was being a bitch from hell ( you know...preggos shouldn't do hard strenuous work..). They afternoon passed like a light. Another person volunteered to help me out. I was relieved...but there were still tonnes of work to be done..Oh..preggo...pity...she was starving so ordered in for us..I told the preggo please do not be angry with me..she was awfully nice about the whole thing...By 1am the guys finished their part..meanwhile I still had a long way to go..hundreds of pages to fill up...The other guy agreed to stick around....we worked until 6:00am and darn I forgot another set of document which should be picked up from another office a long time ago..the guy agreed to pick it up for me as soon as the 'office' open for business...damn...6:00am...by that time..I wasn't even sleepy..but damn heck tired...every bone or muscle (if i have one)..ok every flab in my body ached...
One by one came into the office and looked at my face in 'horror'. Of course they did..I still had my clothes on from yesterday and the sun glasses was still on top of my head..someone whispered...crazy...I heard and made a nasty remark.... (cranky are we he he....).
I waited for my colleague to retrieve the very very important documents that I forgot...9:30am...10:00am..I was getting worried...he didn't sleep as well...so I was worried...oops 10:30am he showed up...(uh uh..my tender proposal was due at 12:00pm...so I was scared shitless). Phew got all the docs together...INTACT...i was seeing double ha ha.....I got the despatch boy to send the tender proposal for me so I made my way home...feeling like a ZOMBIE....My colleague saw my car and yelled,"get your car washed!!!!" I realised my car was in a mess and I was kind of hungry...so I stopped by this illegal carwash near my place. I left the car and walked across the street to sample some dirt cheap local cuisine....
Not so many people or I may be just couldn't care less about my surrounding...I saw my car being washed...so I ordered some food...

Nice hot lemon tea and some claypot vermicelli noodle soup. The soup was hot and spicy..but it was worth it;



I looked up from where I was sitting then I realised how dirty the surrounding was. On top of these beat-up buildings I saw a tip of the building of the tower that I spent days and sleepless nite to get the tender proposal in...ironic....oh spooky

I thought it's time for me to go home and sleep at midday.......I looked over at this huge pot that provided me with the amazing soup...ha ha...pretty sickly looking huh...but I left that little store with a smile....Asian truly Asian...we love our food HOTTTTT!

I reached home with my body all aching but with clean car and happy tummy. I tried to go to sleep but the AC wasn't working..but I was knocked out....I woke up 4 hours later and couldn't go back to sleep...
I thank Md. Noor, Adila and Faizal for their help. Thank you fellas!

3 comments:

Gloria said...

O dear...take it easy sweety

Anonymous said...

Rest my friend. Also please not to be too upset about that 'pic'. I will drop by your office so we can swap stories...

Anonymous said...

dear funkee deeva,
the photos in this blog are absolutely scrumptious!
I enjoy reading and viewing your blog.

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...