Sunday, July 26, 2009

A NIGHT OF FREEDOM ;-)

25.07.2009
It was Saturday. My friend and I decided to just catch up at a quiet restaurant somewhere and we agreed to meet up at TGIF in The Pavillion Kuala Lumpur. I had dinner earlier on so I thought 'snacking' would be just perfect. I ordered the Fried Mac & Cheese and my friend had the grilled fish.
FRIED MAC & CHEESE

FRIED MAC & CHEESE

GRILLED FISH

We chatted and chatted until the Restaurant announced last call at the kitchen and we knew it was time to get out. What do you expect..a restaurant in a Mall...
Paid the bill and walked out..the night was still young. As we walked out of The Pavillion, we turned our heads and looked up, on the 1st Floor, through the glass window, we saw there was a LIVE BAND!. We both looked at each other and simultaneously said,"Let's go THERE"! We turned around and went back into Pavillion and headed to "The Rainforest Sports Bar". I looked at the musicians and thought.."Hmmm, no one I recognised". But from far I saw the drummer and immediately recognised him from the 80's local band called "Freedom"-Abang Shuib. During his break, he approached us and said hello. I told him I was a fan of the old 'freedom'. The lead singer "Seha" passed away. He told us no one could replace her. We concur. We briefly talked about "Yasmin Ahmad" how she was in a coma. Later that night "Yasmin Ahmad" passed away.....Innalillahiwainnalillahirajiun.
My friend told Abang Shuib that I could sing. I froze. Abang Shuib said.."Come on! One song! Jam with us!". I was nervous as hell but at the same time felt awesomely honored to be singing along with one of the most sensational bands in Malaysia (err during the 80's of course, not so sure about now..).

Yes, I sang! Forgot the lyrics but I sang! Ha ha!

DUNNO WHAT TO SING

I had fun. Though it was sad to learn about a prominent figure passed away that night, for us, it was a night well spent. "Freedom" now is totally different from before. They are still good. The lead singer has a great voice and sexxay as h***. They perform at The Rain forest Sports Bar every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Go see them :) and say Hello to Abang Shuib for me :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

the fried mac and cheese looked soooo heavenly!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!! And this is in Pavillion!

Peminat Makan said...

Sedapnya!

FunkeeDeeva said...

Tq Rita, those are heavenly!
Tq Anonymous
Tq Peminat Makan

Pete said...

Love the food pics

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...