Wednesday, September 9, 2009

999 HELP!

This story has nothing to do with the police. Well if the situation persists..it may become police case:

I pay my utility bills regularly. Except for last month, there was a little confusion due to my moving to a new place. Yep, it was the 'red' letter. I didn't receive it, which in that letter said if I don't respond in 7 days they will stop the power supply. Well, since I didn't get the red letter, in my pea brain did nothing of sort to alert paying the bill whatsoever plus a little misunderstanding that I thought my landlord had settled the bill. Plus, the outstanding amount was like RM128.00.

So yesterday, when I came back from work at around 6:30pm, I saw a piece of red paper (refer to pic below) was snuck under my door . I took it, read it and tried to switch on the lights. NOOOOO!!! NO electricity! No..no..no... NOT GOOD! It was already too late to call the TNB office. As I read through the letter again and again trying to find out who to call and which numbers to contact..I saw the mobile number written in pencil so I thought since it was passed the office hour, I should contact the mobile number instead.


The other end said that he could not do much since the office was closed. I was desperate. I asked the guy to help me out and he said with a very small fee, he could help me. Yes, desperately I agreed. Oh..He mentioned that he was just around the corner. In less than 5 minutes, 2 boys dressed in "TNB" T-Shirt came by and "rectified" the problem. I had power again! Then one of them asked for the fee. It was RM50. I didn't mind at first. Then I saw a stack of other "notices" on his hand, a stack let me tell you! One household RM50 if 100? You do the math. These kids had all that planned out. All of a sudden, I felt the chill that I had been had. I should have waited for the next day. I have a lot of candles and places to go to if I have no power for one pitiful night.

I went to TNB early this morning and reported the whole thing after I paid that sad RM128.00. The person I launched the report just said, "We will look into this and ensure that the person who did this be punished". I asked around and apparently I was not the only victim. It is a sad sad way to make a few bucks.

I caution everyone out there to meticulously keep track of your electricity bills and do not even miss ONE month payment.

Take care.

No comments:

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...