Tuesday, January 31, 2017

CHINESE NEW YEAR 2017

This year, Chinese New Year is the year of a rooster. I am not sure what it means but hey I am grateful for the long weekend we Malaysians enjoy (28/1/2017 - 30/1/2017). The plan was to have a family get together at my folks all the way in Segamat.
Due to my knee injury, I was moving quite slowly these days. I took off from my house in Subang at around 11:00am. My sister went off earlier.
I passed through Tangkak to get to Segamat.
The journey was supposed to take approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. Traffic was pretty bad, so it took me around 4 hours. 
A bit cloudy but no heavy rain. Should be a smooth journey. Boy was I wrong.
 
Finally, I reached at my folks. My youngest brother and his family arrived a day earlier than us. I had a late lunch. Ikan Patin masak lemak! Ikan pekasam goring! Sambal Hijau! Oh my! Super awesome! Mom's cooking alway's the best!

For dinner, we had some BBQ lamb, Chicken and with MY special sauce.
Flaming Grilled Lamb. Family BBQ makes perfect gathering.
My brother got the meat from the local store. They were fresh and succulent. Amazing for BBQ.
A view from the verandah we love to sit and absorb the beauty and fresh air of village life.
Most of us were pretty exhausted. I fell asleep quite early.  The next day I woke up at 6:00am. The fresh air of my Kampung was undeniably awesome. I felt like I was being reborn. City life feels like killing you. Kampung life here I come. I let the pictures paint a million words. I can almost see you smile reading this blog eh!
Imagine waking up to fresh air and birdies chirping

Our resident cat, Mr. Billy. A 7 year old handsome rescued cat from Taman Puncak Jalil.

A simple breakfast but the view was fantastic and surrounded by love. Yes, it made a whole of difference.
My mom and dad are quite the green thumb duo. They can just throw anything on the ground and grow. I can't even do gardening. City life broke me ha ha.
 
This is limau purut. Don't ask me what it is called in English. Just google it!

Soursop

Pink Custard Apple - Buah Nona

Daun Pandan!

Young papaya tree

Lethal Cili Padi. You can die from eating this. Well, almost *winks*

Daun Sireh

Don't forget to drop us a snail mail or two

Grandma's Body Guard. Her name is Chomel.
We went to our Grandma's to check on how she is doing. She was not so well but happy to see us.
 
Then we moved to hunt for food. Well that's just the way we are. We love to eat. We discovered this new restaurant in town Selera Nasi Beringin, Segamat. The restaurant was filled with blast from the past. However, The nasi beringin was super delicious. My dad ordered two servings of nasi tambah.






I had a great time with my family. Unfortunately, I still have to go back to the City to work my derriere off to pay them damn bills. Oh, my journey back to KL was even worst. 5 hours. Long crawl Pedas-Linggi up to Seremban. Somehow I made it without going too crazy.
 
Happy Chinese New Year People.
I really hope for a better 2017
 
That is all folks
 
PEACE

No comments:

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED TOO LITTLE TIME

I stopped blogging for a bit since I last moved to my birth place in end October 2021. 5 Months after, only I could bring myself to write so...